Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book Orders


Students are bringing home several Scholastic Book Order catalogs today and I hope you have a chance to look them over!  There are so many wonderful books, book sets, and literacy games/activities - I hope you consider ordering a few for your child(ren). 

I am trying a new system with book ordering this year.  Parents are now able to order and pay for books themselves on-line. Just visit http://teacher.scholastic.com/clubs/ and log-in as a parent.  Then, type in our classroom code (G2CLN) and order away!  Your order will be sent to me, so that I have a record of it, and your books will be shipped to our classroom.  In addition, our classroom will receive $3.00 in free books for every on-line parent order!   

Some students have told me that their home computers are "going crazy" so if you would rather complete the order form by hand and send in a check, that is fine too!!  Send the order and the check in to school and I will enter the order for you - no problem!

I know that the children are really excited about some of the books available this fall (e.g. the latest book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series) and it's great to see how enthusiastic they are about reading!  If you would like individual recommendations for your child, I would be happy to provide you with a few suggestions - just let me know!

I am asking all orders to be entered or sent in no later than Thursday, October 21.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! 

No comments: